Monday, April 30, 2007

Going on Vacation

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be on vacation this week. I'm headed to the wonderful world of Disney. Since I will be enjoying the theme parks and the water parks I will not have time to post. But I will give you a quick preview of what I will be posting next week.

First we will look at who is driving IMS. And what I mean by that what standards and industries. One of the cool things about IMS it is not just Telco's, Wireless providers or MSO's. Then you have the IP goes of the IETF. All of these groups need to come to a common ground for IMS to work. IMS goes across the every type of network and industry. As you know each group in the past has had their on standards bodies. I will explain how these standards bodies are working together. We will also look at the rapid changes in standards.

Next we will look at the market place. I will discuss the state of the market and talk about how real IMS is today. We will determine what is hype, what is real, and when will a large scale deployment be available. I will also discuss applications and some of the major players in IMS.

Until next week, everyone have a good one.

No comments: